The CDAAC Certified Drug, Alcohol & Addictions Counselor requirements:
1. Anyone who wishes to earn a CDAAC Credential may begin the ACADC Institute's 66 Module program at any time, even before completion of the CSAC I Entrance Inventory. The Program registration fee is $395. The CDAAC Program of 66 courses is $2205. The courses are continuous and are always ongoing so students can start at any time. Call 877-478-5756 to register or fill out the registration form on this website and mail it in to: ACADC, PO Box 8604, Redlands, CA 92375 with a check or money order made payable to ACADC.
2. Completion of CSAC I & II is required for being awarded the CDAAC Credential.
3. Successful completion of 155 hours of course training related to AOD counseling or Christian ministry must be completed before the awarding of the CDAAC Credential.
4. Transfer credit can be granted on the basis of courses reflected in sealed transcripts received from other educational institutions. Please fill out a registration for a transcript review, $30 transcript review fee applies.
5. A CDAAC can also be granted in the following ways:
A. Through training through a school or church approved by ACADC that fulfills the 155 hour requirement of training.
B. Through completing a degree program meeting the 155 hour training requirement in an area of counseling or education pertaining to AOD and related counseling or ministry of life changing principles.
C. In all methods of training, in order to receive the professional CDAAC Certification, the RAS Exam must be taken, and 2080 hours of field experience with 160 of those hours being under direct supervision must be accomplished.
The student may register by printing out a copy of our registration form and mailing it with a Check or money order for $395 to ACADC, PO Box 8604, Redlands, CA 92375.
The 4 kinds of Professional Certifications:
1) The CDAAC I
The CDAAC I -S is the state endorsed certification that requires not only the 155 hours of training, but 2080 hours of field experience, 160 hours of direct supervision and the successful passing of the Registered Addiction Specialist exam.
The CDAAC I -Pr does not require the field experience, direct supervision, or the Registered Addiction Specialist exam. It only requires the ACADC Institute CDAAC training program.
2) The CDAAC II
The CDAAC II has a prerequisite of the CDAAC I plus a total of 350 hours of training.
3) The MDAAC (Master Level Certification) requires the CDAAC I plus a Masters Degree in AOD Counseling or a written and published project that addresses a TAP 21 counselor competency from a biblical perspective.